Friday, November 2, 2012

Madonna Comes to Town

Last night Madonna made her way back to St. Louis.  This show was announced a few months ago and seeing as how she was such an iconic figure growing up, I definitely wanted to cross this concert off of my list of "have to's".
 

I had heard rumors that Madonna is always late for her shows.  Apparently, she was on Ellen and even stated that she never goes on stage before 10:00pm.  The tickets said that the show would start at 8:00 but after hearing and reading so much, we decided to risk it and go out to dinner first.  We ended up at the venue right around 9:00 and, sure enough, the show had not started.

We took advantage of the extra time to do some people-watching and to take some pictures.

 
So, after 2 hours and 40 minutes later, Madonna FINALLY took the stage at 10:40pm.  Yes, you read that right, she was 2 hours and 40 minutes late.  Please take note that this is common with all of her shows so if you have tickets, DON'T show up before 9:30 or so.

I don't want to ruin the show for any of you who haven't seen it but I will just say that it had mixed reviews.  I was disappointed in the show while others in my group thought it was great. So, here is a bullet-point review:
  
-She only sang 3 or 4 old songs . . . but I expected that.
-The dancers were phenomenal.
-She definitely is showing her age.
-The show was not nearly as controversial or risque as I thought it would have been.
-"Vogue" was the best song of the night.  I loved it.

The one part that we all agreed on, though, was that it was great just to have a Mommy night out. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Seeing Madonna in concert is on my Bucket List. I love Vogue, but also adore Like A Virgin and Holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete