Monday, October 1, 2012

Easy Friendships, Some Magic, and Adults-Only Dinner

Last weekend was such a great one.  My friends, Chad and Kelly, came into town from Colorado with their beautiful little girl, Teagan.

 Chad and I have been friends for almost 20 years (is that possible?) but we don't get to see or hang out like we used to.  You know, life happened.  He moved away and got married.  I got married.  We both had kids and got busy with our own lives and it just became harder and harder to get together.

What I love, though, is that we have the kind of friendship in which it doesn't matter that we don't talk to each other every day or hang out on the weekends.  We haven't spoken to each other in almost 2 years but yet it was like I just saw him yesterday.  Thanks to the wonder of Facebook, I have been able to keep up with almost every aspect of Chad's life through his wife's statuses.  It might sound weird but it was like we didn't miss a beat.

Right after college, Chad, Sue, and I were inseparable.  We did everything together.  We were so close that when I got married, Chad walked on my side.  There was no way I could have imagined getting married and not having him stand up with me.

What a bonus that he met and married an awesome girl like Kelly.  She is funny and smart and independent and sweet and a lot of fun!

 Our kids had so much fun playing with each other.  We spent one morning at the Magic House and the kids had a blast exploring.  They climbed the Beanstalk, dug in the dirt, and each got to pretend to be the Commander in Chief.







By the end of the weekend, we needed some adult type so we were able to get a couple of babysitters for a few hours and headed out.  We were lucky that our niece, Susie, was in town and got to come along as did one of Kelly's college friends.





 

1 comment:

  1. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an email.
    I've
    got some recommendations for your blog you might
    be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to
    seeing it develop over time.

    Take a look at my website ... View my web page

    ReplyDelete