Monday, June 4, 2012

No Problem, Yeah Man

Well, I just got back from my first trip to Jamaica and I am counting the days until I get to go back . . . as a 100% tourist.  

As a travel agent I get to go on familiarization trips to different locations, this trip happened to be Jamaica.  While in Jamaica I toured 10 resorts in 3 days, had a dolphin encounter, and a snorkel/catamaran ride.  The point of these trips is so that I can now come back and be more knowledgeable about the various resorts when I have clients who are interested in visiting Jamaica.


Jamaica is a beautiful country but very different.  The Jamaican Tourism Board (JTB) has a slogan that says, "Jamaica-Once you go, you know" and those words are so true.  Jamaica is a very poor country that is full of happy people.  The Jamaican people are so laid back and go-with-the-flow with that "No problem" attitude.


There were some amazing resorts in Jamaica.  I was able to tour resorts that were budget-friendly, family-friendly, adults-only, and couples only.  Each of them had their own perks and reasons to choose to stay there.

Because this was a working trip, I didn't get to lay around on the beach or pool nearly as much as I wanted to so I'm already planning my own first Jamaican vacation as a traveler instead of a worker.  

Thinking of a destination wedding or family vacation to Jamaica?  I can definitely help you plan it. 

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like you had a GREAT time and it's beautiful!

    So ... hubby and I are coming up to StL in mid-July - probably like the 13th & 14th. Suggestions on what to do? We are semi-familiar but it's nice to hear from locals. I'm leaning toward city museum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome job, April!! I hope Scott did OK on his own while you were gone. I'll bring back your goodies to you this week.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was work? how fun! yea, we only made it to the Jamaica airport because it was a stop on our way to the Bahamas! gorgeous place from the plane though! LOL

    ReplyDelete