Saturday, May 12, 2012

Muffins with Mom

Yesterday I had one of the best days ever.  I honestly don't know if I have felt that special in a long time.  Kanin's school has a tradition of the second graders celebrating Mother's Day with a little event they call Muffins with Mom.

When I got to the school, Kanin was waiting for me out in the hallway.  He led me to his desk, pulled out his chair for me, and asked me what I would like to drink.  Each little desk was decorated with a plate of muffins and donuts, napkins, and a little activity.

Kanin also made a corsage out of tissue paper and he put that around my wrist.  He gave me a card and then I got to open my present.  In art class, all of the kids had made ceramic cups.  I was already a little misty but the card and cup just pushed me right over the edge.

Kanin took this picture so it is a little blurry but I love how excited I was.  If you look right behind me, the mom behind me has her corsage on.  So sweet!

Kanin was really proud of his mug and very happy that I loved it.

Next we played a little game.  Each kid had drawn a picture of their mother and on the back there was a list of 20 things about their mom.  Mrs. Saeger, Kanin's teacher, picked 4 or 5 questions out and read them out loud and we all guessed who the Mom was.  It was very funny to hear some of the answers to these questions like "If my mom won the lottery she would . . . go crazy!"  "My mom's favorite place in the whole world is . . . Six Flags."  LOL

Here's the picture that Kanin drew of me.

Here are the questions Kanin answered about me:
1. My favorite book to read with my mom is Potty Time
2. Mom's favorite television show is Dateline
3. If my mom won the lottery she would go to Mexico without me
4. an expression or saying that my mom always uses is no backtalk
5. My mother always gets angry when I don't bring my folder home
6. My mom doesn't like to clean the playroom
7. My mother's favorite foods are popcorn, salad, and Weight Watchers
8. I like my mom to cook vegetable pizza because she does such a delicious job of it.
9. My mother's favorite restaurant is Stefanina's
10. If my mom had a ticket to any place in the world she would go to Germany with me
11. My mom has a funny habit of trying to act like LMFAO
12. My mom really looked beautiful on the day she got married
13. My mom really looked funny on the day she was doing the shuffle
14. In the good old day when Mom was little she used to play army
15. I make my mom happy when I be helpful
16. My mom doesn't know about the time I ate Nutella
17. When she has free time she likes to play sports 
18. My mom's pet name for me is baseball hero
19. My favorite thing to do with my Mom is Mom and son time
20. The best advice my mom has give me is if they are a bully that means he or she are jealous
I figured out the picture was of me when she read popcorn was my favorite food and about going to Mexico.  Ha!

By this time my heart was already full but there was more.  All of the moms were asked to go down to the gym where there was a slideshow and the kids sang three songs to us.  Oh my goodness.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the gym.  It was so sweet.

Kanin and I often butt heads and I know that we each can be difficult but yesterday he made me feel so special.  It was the best Mother's Day present that I could have gotten.


Happy Mother's Day to my mom and to all mothers (aunts, grandmas, and anyone who sacrifices themselves to raise a child) reading this!

You're Beautiful To Me



My Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is too sweet! I teared up just reading it! Kanin is looking so big and so handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete