Thursday, February 23, 2012

PROJECT CLEAN HOUSE: 40 Bags In 40 Days-2012

It's that time of year again . . . 40 Bags in 40 Days.  I can't take credit for this little bit of genius.  I stole it from Sarah at Clover Lane (love her) but basically you take the Lenten season to not only work on yourself spiritually and clean out all those impure things but you also work on cleaning out your house and all of the junk that has it cluttered over the past year.

I participated in it last year and felt so amazing getting rid of so much stuff that I knew I would do it year after year.  Here are some links to last year's posts:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
So, today I am going to start with the linen closet.  This closet has been driving me crazy for months.  There are games with missing pieces, fitted sheets that just won't fold nicely and pretty much just a mess.

Everything was pretty much just thrown in there.  In a not-so-smart Mommy move, I left the games down on the bottom shelves so that the kids could play with them.  Well, I've been picking up game pieces, cards, checkers, etc all over the house.



In true kid fashion, Caleb wanted to "help" me which basically means . . . "Don't throw that away.  That's my favorite toy." 

I was able to distract him enough to finish up.  I moved all of the games that actually had the pieces up to the top shelf.  I then separated the sheets into crib, twin, queen, and king and also divided them up into fitted and normal sheets. 

No, I still cannot fold a fitted sheet.

I also separated pillow cases, covers, and beach towels.

Finally, I put all of upstairs extra blankets down on the bottom shelf, too.

Here's what got pitched:

Here's what I think I can sell:

Let me know if you decide to participate in 40 Bags in 40 Days.  I'd love to see your organization in progress!

4 comments:

  1. This post made me excited!! :) One bag down... I need to our hallway closet tonight. I hope more people do this because I love the before and afters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so in!!!! Can't wait to get started on this again!! I so needed to see this post, especially with yard sale and kids sales coming up...I want the clutter GONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! something i should join!

    by the way, did you think of putting the sheets in the matching pillowcase to store? i saw that on pinterest and thought it was an awesome thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't fold a fitted sheet. But yours look way better than mine. I like Michelle's suggestion about putting the sheets in a pillowcase, I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete