Thursday, January 12, 2012

First Snow Day of the Year

I remember when I was a kid I used to pray for snow days.  I now know the hassle that my mom and dad would go through because even though I liked looking  at the snow, I was never very good at playing in it.  I would take 20 minutes to get all bundled up only to play outside for 10 minutes and be done.

Today was Kanin's first school day and they were begging to go outside as soon as they woke up.  Finally, after breakfast, Scott and I got them ready and sent them on their way.



Last year Caleb went out for just a few minutes in the snow but this year, he got all bundled up like on of the "big kids" and headed out.


The kids love jumping on the trampoline any time but I guess it is especially fun when it is snowing.  Those little white dots in the picture are snowflakes.


Remember when playing in the snow was this much fun?


A Big Brother's work is never done.




5 comments:

  1. OH GOD...I am not ready for the snow...make it go away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you supposed to get a lot? Here they don't cancel school unless its a blizzard. Still not any snow here. They look like they had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you edited your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- that is a lot of snow. The kids look so precious all bundled up!! You got some great pictures and I love the way you edited them. Hope we Texans get at least one snow day this winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first snow day of the year blankets the world in a pristine, quiet beauty. It's a chance to rediscover the simple joys – building snowmen, sipping hot cocoa, and feeling the crisp air. How Use VPN This magical day brings out the child in everyone, infusing the season with a sense of wonder.

    ReplyDelete