Friday, September 9, 2011

Five Question Friday

Today I'm joining Five Question Friday with Five Crooked Halos.

1. What ringtone do you have on your cell phone?
I have just one of the standard ringtone for when everyone calls.  For Scott's, calls, though, I switch back and forth between DMB's  "Two Step".  "Two Step" is where "Celebrate, we will, because life is short but sweet for certain" comes from.  I also will switch it to Barry White's "Can't Get Enough of Your Love".  Aside from the traditional slow dance at our wedding (Joshua Kadison's "Beautiful in My Eyes), we had our band play "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" to get the party started.

#2 What is your favorite memory from this summer?
Hmm, we had such a laid back summer because it was so HOT here that it was nearly impossible to be outside.  I loved my trip to 
Las Vegas with our friends Sue and Chris. Other than that, I loved that we spent more time going to local festivals and just hanging out as a family.  As sad as I am to say this, it was much easier this year since Caleb is a year older.

#3 Paper books or ebooks?
While I think the idea of ebooks is really cool, I am a paper book girl at heart.  My friends and I like to share books and I hate that with ebooks we aren't able to do that.  I bought a couple of books on my iPad and I like the convenience of the bookmarks, highlights, and notes that I can add I HATED that I couldn't then let my friends read the book, too.

#4 If you could have one home upgrade what would it be and why?
I have to pick only 1?  Since we bought our home as a foreclosure, there are so many things that I would to do to it.  We were lucky in that this home was well taken care of and not destroyed when the old owners left but it is all just old.  I think I'd definitely have to go with kitchen.  I need more drawers (there are only 4).  I'd love to have a double oven because we do so much entertaining that it would just be really convenient.  I want to add a peninsula (an island just wouldn't work) so I can add some bars stools to add extra seating.

#5 When was your first serious boyfriend/girlfriend?
Serious as in high school serious or serious as in adult serious?  There were a couple of boys when I was in high school that I was crazy about.  There were also a couple in college that stuck with me for several years.  Then, of course, a couple after college.  With the exception of one, I'd have to say that they were all wonderful in their own way and each still have a special place in my heart.  

I guess had you asked me at any point during any of them I would have said that I was serious about them.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Four drawers isn't much!! Hopefully you have a decent sized pantry.

    (I'm so glad this was a question for today because I love reading everybody's home wish lists) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kitchen only has 2 drawers! We have a decent pantry but sheesh!....but how funny is it that I didn't want to redo my kitchen...but I do want to make a huge walk in pantry in the dining room. :)
    Glad to have found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only four drawers in your kitchen? Crazy!

    I think the kitchen would be my upgrade too, other than major renovation like building on. I actually lost cabinet/drawer space moving from a duplex.

    ReplyDelete