Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm Back . . . Kind Of

Ok, so I've been back from Vegas since Sunday but have kind of taken a break on everything this week including blogging.  I don't know if it is the post-Vegas blues, a touch of the yuckies, or maybe a little too much sauce while in Vegas but I just have felt very blah this week.  

So blah, in fact, that I even missed Cardinal Opening Day.  If you knew me, you'd know that this is not normal!!!  I usually have an Opening Day Countdown Calendar that begins the first of January but for some reason, I just not that excited about it.  I contemplated all week whether I was going to go or not and finally made the decision last night.  I think some of it had to do with the fact that Scott wasn't going to get to be there.  Between regular work, Kanin's soccer starting, and dj'ing it just wasn't feasible for Scott to go down for it and I guess there was something about being down there without him that just took the fun out of it.

So here I sit on my couch getting ready to watch the festivities.  Opening Day in St. Louis is unlike anything else.  I am starting to get just a touch of remorse but only because I will miss seeing these guys:

I will also miss this guy throwing out the first pitch.

Oh well, it's too late now.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have season tickets? Otherwise I'm not sure you could have gotten a ticket at this late date anyway, could you?
    I had some of it on earlier today, and I was wondering, is St Louis really the only place that has these big parties and festivities on opening day?
    We're excited about the season getting started!

    ReplyDelete