Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We were blessed enough to have Thanksgiving at our house again this year.  Since we are up at the crack of dawn around here anyway, I like to have the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade playing in the background while I'm cooking--until football comes on!

I LOVE this picture of my babies.  



Here is the turkey.  It looked so pretty until we had to slice it up.  If you'd like the recipe, check out my food blog HERE for the recipe.


Our kid table was full this year.  My niece and nephew, Ali and Aidan, were here along with my great niece, Kenzie, from Chicago.  We were just missing my great nephews, Ben and Ian.

We are not a formal family but for Thanksgiving I like to set a table and have everyone sit down to eat; otherwise, it ends up with some people in one room and some in another.  I like us all being together.  I think this is the last year, though, that I will put all of the food on the table.  I think I'm just going to put it in the other room and have a buffet and then everyone come and sit down. 


Aren't these cute?  My niece, Alissa, made them for all of the kids.


After dessert, it was time to read Elf on the Shelf.



We ended the day by playing Scattergories.  Some of us played while others watched the football game.  It was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Your spread looked delicious!! And of course, your babies are always cute!

    ReplyDelete