Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12 Days of Christmas-Things I Don't Like About Christmas-Day 8

On the 8th day of Christmas we are talking about "Things I Don't Like About Christmas" on the Aly and Molly Blog Party.


 
For the most part, there isn't a whole lot that I don't like about Christmas.  If I had to pick some things, though, this would be it:
 
#1 I don't like how people will put themselves into a financial bind to buy "enough" Christmas presents for their family and friends.  I know that everyone does it because they want to make it special and they don't want to look "cheap" but I really wish that they would just say that "things are tight this year and we aren't going to be able to spend that much money."
 
#2 Tying in with #1, I don't like how Christmas seems to be more about how much you get or how much you spend.
 
#3 While I love to get gift cards, I don't like to buy them for people.  I like to take the time to pick out a gift that I know they will like.
 
#4 I don't like that the holidays just seem to fly by.  I turn around one minute and it is Halloween and in a blink it is January 2.  I love the hustle and bustle of the season but I hate that sometimes I forget to juts slow down and soak it all in.
 
Is there anything about the holidays that you don't like?

2 comments:

  1. I agree...the season flies by way too fast!!!

    I don't like that this holiday is soooo much about presents. We really focus less on presents and more on celebrating the season together.

    I get sad thinking about how lonely the holidays can be for some people. I can't imagine the holidays without both kids and family around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just commented under Billy's blog, but I also don't like that people can be grumpy, stressed, and impolite out in public...cheer up shoppers !! lol!

    ReplyDelete