Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend Happenings

What a beautiful Easter weekend we had here in St. Louis.  I don't remember it being this nice in years.

On Saturday, mom and dad stopped by to give the kids their Easter baskets.  Of course, Caleb slept through getting his.  So far he has slept through most of his 1st trip to the zoo, the Dogtown St. Patty's Day Parade, Kanin's Spring Party and several trips to the park. 





Sunday morning was a stressful time for Mommy.  We really wanted to make it to 8:00 service which mean that I had to get up at 5:50am to leave the house by 7:20-25.  We don't live that far away from the church but I knew that it would be packed since it was Easter.  We walked out the door without a minute to spare.

After church, my mom and dad wanted to see the kids in their Easter outfits so we stopped by there.  Yes, I coordinate the outfits on Easter and Sunday and I try to coordinate with Scott on weddings or other special nights out.  Don't ask me why?  I think my mom started that a long time ago and my sister and I have carried it on with our own families.



I really wish I would have made her step away from the car.  I need to Photoshop that out!


Trying to take a family photo is a production.  We took 6 or 7 and this is the only picture in which all 3 kids were looking at the camera but it is blurry.  That's just the way it goes . . .



Finally, a picture of myself that I kind of like.


My 4 Loves




It was time for Caleb to eat and he was tired of taking pictures.


There was a little bench walking up to my mom and dad's house that I saw so we stopped to take a picture.  I think it turned out really cute.



While we were at church, the Easter bunny stopped by our house.


After church and my parents' house, it was time to head to Scott's sister, Debbie's, house.  This is my great nephew, Ben.  GracieAnn is 3 months older than Ben.  Ben is expecting a little brother on June 22.  I think they are going to name him Ian.



Caleb didn't know what to think of these eggs.  They had coins in them so they jingled.  I took them away, though, because I was afraid they were going to open up and he might swallow one.  He was not happy.


After lunch, it was time to hunt Easter eggs.  Kanin racked up since he was the oldest.


Gracie was more interested in what color eggs she found.  She would pick up an egg and say, "Look, a yellow and pink egg" and then slowly meander to the next one.


I don't know why I made them sit here with the sun in their faces.


These ears were in the Easter baskets they got from Debbie and Dave.  I love Kanin' expression in this picture.  This will totally be one of those pictures that we laugh about years from now.  He really looks like he wants to tell me off for making him wear these ears but . . .



he ended up wearing them most of the afternoon.  Now, whose bright idea was it to give these kids recorders?  Oh my, be happy that you were not in this house.  It was SO loud. 


How sweet is my littlest bunny?  I just love this baby!




After hunting eggs it was time to dye some.  Ben and Kanin had a lot of fun doing this.  Gracie didn't dye eggs because she would not change out of her Easter dress.  She did not want to take that dress off.  Then, we were own to 2 eggs and who comes walking up in her play dress?  So, she only got to dye 2.



It was a long weekend but it was a lot of fun!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a good time, and you got some really good pics! Love the yellow/blue family outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their outfits are too cute for words! I know I've said it before, but I really like your haircut. Hopefully, I'll have time to make an Easter post at work tomorrow. I've been slacking big time! It looks like your family had a great time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yes, I keep checking to see if you have posted anything. I miss hearing what's going on!

    ReplyDelete