Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Beginnings-Again

Well, it is that time of year again, the time when everyone promises that this is going to be the year that they (fill in the blank). I'm no different than everyone else. Each year I say, this year I'm going to be in the best shape since high school. I always start off full force and then inevitably it gets too cold, kids sick or I get pregnant-LOL.

This year, though, I actually started my "new beginning" in December that way I couldn't say that it was a new year resolution and, therefore, I will feel none of the guilt if I can't make it to the gym on such and such day. I have to say that this ridiculous psychology has actually been working! Since joining the gym in December, I have either gone to or exercised at home at least 4 days a week.

One of the things that has helped me is a "fitness" pole. Yes, it looks an awful lot like a "stripper" pole but since I'm not a stripper, I choose to call it a "fitness" pole. For as long as I can remember, I have always thought it looked like fun to be able to do all of those twirls, spins and turns but, of course, I certainly wasn't going to become a stripper just to be able to do it. Well, lo and behold, one night I'm watching some infomercial and this thing called Flirty Girl Fitness comes on and it is a whole workout program that actually uses a "fitness" pole. After that, I could not stop talking about how the people kept saying what a great workout it was and how much fun it looked. So, for Christmas Scott finally gave in and bought it for me.



Let me tell you that it is one of the hardest workouts that I have ever done. Because you are using your own body weight, you really get a burn in all of the exercises. It comes with 6 videos, dancing instructions, etc. Of course, now that it is installed all I hear from Scott is that he thinks that I should do a dance for him--Ha! I told him that is definitely not going to happen, at least not until I have the body those girls have and I don't look like a new giraffe learning to walk while trying to mimic the moves. I should record myself one day trying to do one of the dances becaues I'm sure it would be great comic relief.

So, if any of you happen to pop over to my house and see my bedroom don't start thinking all dirty and think that there are some "wild times" going on in there, it's just me trying to get in shape!! LOL
(First fireman's twirl--I was sore for 2 days after doing this a few times-LOL)

3 comments:

  1. I ωant to rеaԁ
    more things aрproximately it!

    Fеel freе to viѕit mу webpage; losing weight naturally with pilates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shаred thіѕ site with us so I came tо check it out.
    I’m
    definitely loving the information. I’m bοok-mаrking
    and will be twееting this to mу folloωеrs!
    Outstanding blog аnd outstanԁing design and ѕtyle.


    Stop by mу blog; green peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ехcellent webѕite truly has all thе informаtiоn and fаcts I needed concerning this subject and
    ԁidn’t knoω who to аѕk.



    Also vіsit my web blog - what does going green mean

    ReplyDelete